I read The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion in one go because;
- I was on holidays and could stay up as late as I liked reading.
- The Rosie Project was a really enjoyable read.
- The Rosie Project is set in Melbourne, Australia and I enjoyed the sense of familiarity with the location and Australian culture.
- The story is romantic comedy, which is far and away my favourite genre.
- The hero, Don Tillman, is unusual, very likeable and the reader is on his side from the beginning of the story. I roared laughing as he got himself into and out of ridiculously funny situations.
- The heroine, Rosie, is clever and feisty and perfect for Don, if he can only recognise this.
- I love Don’s Standardised Meal Plan with lobster for tea every Tuesday night.
- The story is clever and ends in a way which I didn’t expect.
- The happiness I felt while I was reading this book stayed with me for quite a while after I finished reading.
I’m not unique in liking The Rosie Project. It was a bestseller when it was published a couple of years ago and will probably be made into a movie quite soon. I believe the author has written a sequel which I expect I’ll read sometime soon too.