Over the years I’ve seen a few wrap-ups of the reading year by answering questions using the titles of books read through the year. The following is my life in books read during 2018:
- In high school I was: (full of) Great Expectations. Where they fulfilled? No, not really, but let’s be honest, I wasn’t really cut out to be Wonder Woman. Blogging book reviews, looking after my family and working in an industry I enjoy has turned out to be exactly my thing.
- People might be surprised (by): The Price of Salt. Just remember, salt is a heart attacks in a cute shaker, sitting right there on your kitchen table.
- I will never be: Down and Out in Paris and London. Melbourne, maybe…
- My fantasy job is: Housekeeping… just joking. Behind the Scenes at the Museum would be great, as long as I’m not put to work in the insect section.
- At the end of a long day I need: Burial Rites.
- I hate it when: (I) Wake in Fright.
- Wish I had: A Cure For All Diseases.
- My family reunions are: Ideal (laughing like a madwoman). Anyone who believes that family reunions are a good idea are living in a fantasy world.
- At a party you’d find me with: The Watsons, Rebecca, Mrs Osmond, The Sunshine Sisters…
- I’ve never been to: Belgravia, Howard’s End or Deep South. One day…
- A happy day includes: (a walk along the) Bay of Martyrs, a beautiful beach on Victoria’s Great Ocean Road.
- Motto I live by: Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil.
- On my bucket list is: Finding Colin Firth. Who wants to join me in the hunt?
- In my next life, I want to have: Days Without End.
Happy New Year, everyone, and happy reading in 2019.